Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Spice is the flavour of life

Tonight I took a break from Allrecipes, and used MY recipe for spice rubbed salmon - this will be the ONLY recipe I will not share.  I've had a local restaurant manager who tasted my spice rub and he said I need to market it.  Talk about a boost to my self confidence!

I am in love w/ my food ring molds - I made garlic herb rice pilaf to go along w/ my salmon and it was yummy
Please note this rice pilaf uses a traditional rice, not a "quick cook" type.
1 Tbsp grapeseed or Extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp butter
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp EACH thyme, savory, basil, and salt
1 cup rice (Instructions are NOT for instant rice!)
1/2 cup orzo
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup water
Directions:
1. Warm the olive oil and butter in a saucepan, covered, with the heat on high.
2. Add the herbs, and toast lightly in the olive oil and butter.
3. Add the rice, orzo, and salt, and stir up a bit to coat the rice with the spices.
4. Pour in the chicken broth and water and bring all to a boil.
5. Turn the heat down, cover the saucepan, and cook until done (about 20 minutes for white rice, about 50 for brown rice).

Maryland crab cakes



1 pound lump crabmeat

1 1/2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs

2 tsp chopped fresh parsley
salt and pepper to taste

1 egg
1 1/2 Tbsp mayonnaise

1/2 tsp ground dry mustard

1 tsp Old bay seasoning


Mix together crabmeat, bread crumbs, parsley, salt and pepper. Beat together egg, mayonnaise, Old bay seasoning and mustard. Combine with other ingredients and mix well. Form into patties Refrigerate for at least 1 hour Pan fry in 2 Tbsp grapeseed oil OR place on a lightly greased broiler pan or baking sheet. Broil for 10 to 15 minutes, until lightly brown.

The veggies were one of the Green Giant steamers - it rounded out my meal quite nicely!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Disclaimer

    I am a voluntary Allrecipes Allstar Brand Ambassador and I do not receive compensation for my work with Allrecipes.com. Any product received is only used for experience-based reviews on The Daily Gourmet. The reviews, content and opinions expressed in this blog are the sole opinions of Sarah.

    Fellow foodies

    Recipes - under construction