Friday, August 26, 2011

Sweet tooth

Sometimes the easiest desserts are the best desserts, and this recipe for Cranberry-macadamia bars that I turned into a dessert pizza is no joke!


Changing it into a pizza was really quite simple.  Prepare the sugar cookie dough as instructed.  Instead of using a glass casserole dish, use a tart pan w/ a removeable bottom - I lightly sprayed the bottom pan, and then baked for about 10 minutes.  In order to get the indention, I took a glass quiche dish and lightly pressed it into the par baked dough and then spread the cranberry mixture on it and then added the macadamia nuts and continued baking.  A quick drizzle of melted white chocolate and dessert was done.  Overall this was a quick dessert to make - I'm not too sure I like the pairing of the macadamia nut w/ the cranberries tho.  If I were to pair any nut w/ the cranberries I would choose pecans, perhaps cashews but I didn't really think the macadamia nuts were the best choice. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

I am a voluntary Allrecipes Allstar Brand Ambassador and I do not receive compensation for my work with Allrecipes.com. Any product received is only used for experience-based reviews on The Daily Gourmet. The reviews, content and opinions expressed in this blog are the sole opinions of Sarah.

Fellow foodies

Recipes - under construction