Friday, October 28, 2011

Presenting Pillsbury!

Move over hot pockets, there's a new pizza pocket in town! The Crescent pizza pockets  are a semi-homemade pizza pocket and b/c it's semi-homemade it can be as healthy or guilty as you want it to be! 

A lot of reviewers had issues w/ the instructions for folding over a rectangle piece of dough to form a triangle, and understandably so.   My method to create a triangle is illustrated in the pictures below.

First I separated the dough









Next I laid the crescents on top
of each other and crimped the
edge w/ a fork to seal them.










Third I folded the pizza pocket
open and I stuffed it.  I chose to
mix the pizza sauce and cheese
together for the fact the sauce would
"hold onto the cheese" and not
ooze everywhere.

I proceeded to bake the pizza pockets as directed and the only other change I made was very minute as I sprinkled some italian seasoning onto the outside of the dough.  All finished and ready to be eaten! Perfect pizza pocket.  Feel free to play around w/ your stuffing choices whether you choose to do a veggie version w/ mushrooms, peppers, broccoli, etc., or perhaps a homemade dessert w/ cherry pie filling and a drizzle of vanilla icing.


The next recipe I tried was for the California crescent sandwiches this was an imaginative way to create a sandwich and props to Pillsbury for having such a creative team thinking up quick and unique recipes that don't break a budget!  I chose to sprinkle the top of my dough with a lemon herb seasoning.  I used the crescent sheet dough and also took a cookie cutter to make shaped sandwiches. Naturally I added in some tomato for a pop of colour and also added cheese.  I would certainly consider making this again!


The third recipe I tried was for the Pulled chicken crescents This will either be a "you either like it or don't like it" recipe.  I think the barbeque sauce is extremely important, use a good quality brand.  I happen to like these quick treats and you could easily make these into a BBQ chicken pizza pocket.



The fourth recipe I tried was for Beef & bean crescent burritos I reduced the recipe in half and I served the burritos on top of some spanish rice. This was very quick to assemble, but the seasoning needs to be adjusted

The fifth recipe I tried was for the
I really enjoyed how quick this
casserole was to make but needs some
tweaking. I added 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning,
1/2 tsp granulated garlic, and 1/4 tsp 
Oregano to the meat. I also sprinkled a
 little bit of Italian seasoning on top of the cresents.

I am an Allrecipes Allstar Brand Ambassador (a voluntary position) and I’m not compensated for my work with Allrecipes.com. Products received from advertiser are only used for experienced-based reviews on TheDailyGourmet.Blogspot.Com. The reviews, content and opinions expressed in this blog are purely the sole opinions of Sarah Stone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

I am a voluntary Allrecipes Allstar Brand Ambassador and I do not receive compensation for my work with Allrecipes.com. Any product received is only used for experience-based reviews on The Daily Gourmet. The reviews, content and opinions expressed in this blog are the sole opinions of Sarah.

Fellow foodies

Recipes - under construction