Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Busy Baking!

December - it's a month unlike ANY other!  It's a month that is filled w/ travel, Christmas parties, preparation for a new year, and BAKING!  In the last week I have used over 8 cups of butter, 5 pounds of flour, 5 pounds of sugar, 2 pounds of brown sugar, 2 dozen eggs, and all the other "extras" that go into cookies and other assorted sweets.  In total I have made 360 cookies NOT including the Buckeye balls I made!

As a voluntary Allrecipes.com brand ambassador, I participated in baking cookies w/ the Cookies Across America campaign - sponsored in part by Allrecipes.com, Nestle, and Taste of Home.  

I automatically knew that most of my cookies would be going to those in the military.  As a USMC brat - I truly love our military members and appreciate the sacrifices they've made.  The Marines I delivered my cookies to were very excited to receive them!



America's Finest get cookies!


 I made Sugar cookies, Snickerdoodles, Chocolate Peppermint Kiss cookies, Peanut butter cupcookies, Chocolate Caramel cupcookies, Oatmeal Scotties, White Chocolate Chocolate nut cookies, Peppermint Pinwheel cookies, Rolled Sugar Cookies, Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies, Chocolate Chip cookies and last but not least...Buckeyes!   




 Additionally I also participated in decorating cookies through Drop in and decorate  - b/c the Drop in and Decorate cookies needed to be given to a non-profit organisation, I chose to give some cookies to Hope Children's Home.  These are three platters full of cookies that I made for the home.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

I am a voluntary Allrecipes Allstar Brand Ambassador and I do not receive compensation for my work with Allrecipes.com. Any product received is only used for experience-based reviews on The Daily Gourmet. The reviews, content and opinions expressed in this blog are the sole opinions of Sarah.

Fellow foodies

Recipes - under construction