Monday, July 25, 2011

A girl and a grill

Lately I've been having a love affair w/ my gas grill - today was no exception



I decided to try a new recipe for Grilled Chicken with Mango-Riesling Marinade and then I used my own recipe for Pesto Pasta Caprese Salad, and Steamed Broccoli.

First up, I tried this recipe b/c I had the ingredients on hand.  The marinade was a snap to make.  My issue...it didn't really pack the flavour I would have expected it to.  The chicken was definately moist, but just lacked the flavour.  Sometimes I'll play around w/ recipes, but this wasn't one of those times - it should have been. I found that it was similar to Edens nectar bourbon chicken but subtly different. Were I to pick either to repeat, it would be the latter mentioned.

Pesto Pasta Caprese Salad.  I can't say how I came up w/ this, other than I love tomato caprese salad, and I figured why not turn it into a pasta salad - works..right?!  It's a snap to put together also - that's a good thing!

1 1/2 cups uncooked quick cook rotini pasta *
3-4 Tbsp prepared pesto
1/2 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half 
1/2 cup pearl mozzarella *
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/8 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp salt (adjust to taste)
1/4 tsp granulated garlic
2-3 leaves fresh basil

Boil pasta per the manufacturer directions. Once cooked, drain.
Add olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and pesto to a medium bowl, stir to combine. Add drained pasta and toss to coat. Slice tomatoes lengthwise. Add the pearl mozzarella, and sliced tomatoes to the pasta. Toss to combine.
Take fresh basil, roll and chiffonade basil w/ a pair of kitchen shears, add to the pasta salad.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.

*Do NOT use brick mozzarella. Pearl Mozzarella is a fresh mozzarella. If you can't find the pearl mozzarella, use the cieglini and cut it in half. Regular rotini pasta can be used but the cooking time will be different

Broccoli - what can be said about it -I simply steamed it and seasoned it w/ some granulated garlic and a little bit of butter & lemon pepper...sure not everyone is crazy about the stuff, but it's healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

I am a voluntary Allrecipes Allstar Brand Ambassador and I do not receive compensation for my work with Allrecipes.com. Any product received is only used for experience-based reviews on The Daily Gourmet. The reviews, content and opinions expressed in this blog are the sole opinions of Sarah.

Fellow foodies

Recipes - under construction