Friday, August 5, 2011

Gobble gobble

Well I figured the title would be catchy given that I used turkey in my dinner tonight (Cue: laughter)!
Tonight I decided to get a little inventive w/ some Turkey Cutlets - I had to find a way to use them and I really couldn't find a recipe that screamed "Cook me" - so I did what I do best and created my own recipe.

So I figured I would call my creation Turkey Cigars in a Terragon Pear Reduction, which I served w/ steamed Spinach, Parmesan Risotto, and 5 grain bread.

Now if you're an adventurous eater or cook you may want to make this recipe. Otherwise feel free to just drool and look at the picture and debate whether to read further.

You will need:

@ 2 Tbsp Grapeseed oil -or Extra Virgin Olive oil
Granulated Garlic
Black Pepper
Sage
1/4 tsp Tarragon
1 D'anjou Pear
1 cup chicken broth
1 Tbsp dijon mustard
2 Tbsp dried cranberries
1 Tbsp butter
1 Package Turkey cutlets

Directions:
Heat oven to 350°

Pour oil into a 12" pan - heat over a medium high heat.
Season Turkey cutlets w/ sage, granulated garlic and black pepper - this is to YOUR taste preference
Roll turkey cutlets where they look like a cigar shape. Place seam side down in pan w/ the oil in it.  Cook until browned evenly all around.  Remove to a foil covered pan.  Place pan in oven.

Slice the pear into wedges.  Add the chicken broth to the 12" pan, deglazing it.  Add the pear wedges, cranberries, terragon, dijon mustard, and butter to the pan.  Cook, stirring often until reduced by half.
Once the sauce is reduced by half, add the turkey cigars back to the pan, and roll to thoroughly coat in the sauce. 

Serve on top of steamed spinach.

Tip: I use a tool for coring apples that was handy in creating the wedges.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

I am a voluntary Allrecipes Allstar Brand Ambassador and I do not receive compensation for my work with Allrecipes.com. Any product received is only used for experience-based reviews on The Daily Gourmet. The reviews, content and opinions expressed in this blog are the sole opinions of Sarah.

Fellow foodies

Recipes - under construction