Friday, August 5, 2011

Taste the rainbow

Boredom struck!  I made Skittle Lemon Sugar Cookies :)

Don't ask what possessed me to add skittles into my cookies but I did LoL :)  I've always liked skittles...more so the purple & red ones not too crazy about the orange yellow or green skittles, but I'm not gonna pick through a bag.

To make:  You will need

2 1/2 cups flour, 2 tsp baking powder and 3/4 tsp salt Sifted together

In a bowl cream 1 cup softened butter w/ 2 3/4 cup superfine granulated sugar,  1/2 tsp vanilla, 2 Tbsp lemon zest  and 2 eggs

Add the sifted flour mixture to the creamed butter mixture.

Fun part:  Add 3/4 cup - 1 cup skittles (your preference) to the cookie dough

Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes, until golden around the edges.   I used a parchment paper on my cookie sheet b/c well skittles are sugar, the skittles will slightly melt, and sugary things tend to stick to hot metal...so use parchment paper, it's a good thing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

I am a voluntary Allrecipes Allstar Brand Ambassador and I do not receive compensation for my work with Allrecipes.com. Any product received is only used for experience-based reviews on The Daily Gourmet. The reviews, content and opinions expressed in this blog are the sole opinions of Sarah.

Fellow foodies

Recipes - under construction