Monday, August 15, 2011

Recipe Creation

This post is a touch behind, but better later than never right?


Last Thursday night I created a recipe - I guess I'll call it Peach Sage Sausage stuffed pork chops, and then I also made some Honey Curry roasted red potatoes, and some pearl barley w/ sugar snap peas and carrots (I'm needing to find recipes for my food ring molds).

Okay so how to make the Pork chops:

1 1/4" thick cut pork chops - cut a pocket into the pork chops

Stuffing:
3 oz cooked mild italian sausage
2 oz rice pilaf (Uncle Bens 90 second rice)
2 oz chopped peaches (fresh)
3 sage leaves, chopped
2 Tbsp Riesling wine
1/2 tsp minced garlic

Brown sausage breaking up pieces. Once browned, drain the grease.  Add 2 ounces rice pilaf, cook until softened. Add the chopped peaches, the sage leaves, minced garlic and Riesling wine.  Allow to cool slightly and stuff pork chops.

On the outside of the pork chops rub each side w/ granulated garlic and italian seasoning. I used
1/2 tsp granulated garlic and 3/4 tsp italian seasoning to coat BOTH sides of two pork chops.  I cooked them at 375° for about 30 minutes.

For the Honey Curry roasted potatoes, I used about 2 Tbsp of grapeseed oil, 1/2 tsp curry powder, and 1 Tbsp of honey.  Chopped up one medium red potato and baked at 375° for 30 minutes.

~~~

Washing it down...

I chanced making a spin off of a lemonade using a recipe for Mediterranean lemonade spritzers and doubt I'll make it again. It had way TOO much honey in it, and minus the menthol flavour, I thought I was drinking a liquid honey cough drop - blech!  I dunno, I guess if it's your thing go for it. 

~~~

Dinner tonight: 

I'm gonna retitle a couple recipes b/c of some subtle tweaks - so don't mind the name, just follow my changes if you want it to be quality food.  Cajun panko crusted chickenAsparagus w/ Mandarin Cream Sauce, wild rice, and parmesan pesto foccacia bread

First up - don't use the flour the cajun chicken calls for. Use Panko breading.  Second, add an egg to the milk wash - these two changes make all the difference. 

Asparagus - follow the recipe, except swap the orange for a little cup of mandarin oranges.  Perfection :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

I am a voluntary Allrecipes Allstar Brand Ambassador and I do not receive compensation for my work with Allrecipes.com. Any product received is only used for experience-based reviews on The Daily Gourmet. The reviews, content and opinions expressed in this blog are the sole opinions of Sarah.

Fellow foodies

Recipes - under construction