Tuesday, August 16, 2011

A trip to the South

Cajun meets Key west - imagine what kind of flavour that would have, especially when you add a bit of California fusion to the menu!

Tonight I made a yummy Key west citrus grouper now what gave this meal a cajun kick was the addition of some cajun seasoning instead of the onion powder - why use both garlic powder AND onion powder - they'll only mask the others flavour.  So I kicked the onion powder to the curb and used cajun seasoning instead.  I will certainly repeat this meal again it was THAT good.

Cauliflower, ugh that dreaded WHITE vegetable that's about on the same level as broccoli for some.  Not me tho, I like Cauliflower (esp smothered in cheese sauce...yeah there goes eating healthy, I know) .  If you think you hate cauliflower, give this Culiflower alla parmigiana recipe a try OMG it's SO yummy!!! You may just surprise yourself b/c this stuff isn't how your mother made Cauliflower!

Add in some wild rice, and dinner is done!  All in less than 45 minutes time!  You can't beat that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

I am a voluntary Allrecipes Allstar Brand Ambassador and I do not receive compensation for my work with Allrecipes.com. Any product received is only used for experience-based reviews on The Daily Gourmet. The reviews, content and opinions expressed in this blog are the sole opinions of Sarah.

Fellow foodies

Recipes - under construction