Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Chicken Kiev: updated culinary classic

Chicken kiev - I'll never forget the first time I made it, subsequently it was the last time I made it until I found a different way to make it.   Thanks to a recipe I found that made this classic extra easy to prepare!   Can you believe that I had everything pictured from oven to table in UNDER 45 minutes - including prep time?
Admittedly I strayed ever so slightly but I think my changes were on target w/ the goal of the recipe.  While the recipe initially called for some white bread to be pulsed in a food processor I figured there was no need to use white bread, and I substituted a mixture of panko bread crumbs and Italian seasoned bread crumbs using a 2:1 ratio. 

Most important part in this recipe - you'll need to use BUTTER!  Don't even think for a moment that you'll get the same results by using an oily spread!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

I am a voluntary Allrecipes Allstar Brand Ambassador and I do not receive compensation for my work with Allrecipes.com. Any product received is only used for experience-based reviews on The Daily Gourmet. The reviews, content and opinions expressed in this blog are the sole opinions of Sarah.

Fellow foodies

Recipes - under construction