Saturday, July 7, 2012

Eat with your eyes!

How many times have you seen a picture of food and you hoped it tasted better than it looked?  While I'm not one to promote myself as goddess of the camera I try to get pictures that would make a person go "Oooohhh yum!"  as opposed to "Ewwww gross!"  I'm a person that eats w/ my eyes to determine if I want to eat what I see.

A couple of weeks ago I was on my second favourite cooking site - Mantestedrecipes - when I noticed a contest called "Set the mood".   The contest looked simple enough, upload a picture of your best meal for a romantic night, and then based on votes you might win a Jambox by Jawbone.  

I don't have anyone in my life that I cook for in a "romantic" realm, but I decided to submit a picture of my Pecan-crusted trout w/ roasted artichoke sauce  I then posted the link to my facebook page and asked my friends to vote for me.



I normally do NOT have the habit of asking others to vote for me, preferring to rest on my own laurels.  If my photo is better than the rest, I figure others will agree and vote regardless of whether they know me personally or know of my cooking repertoire.

On 26 June -the day before my birthday- I was surprised beyond words to find the following email :



How fricking cool is that!!!  I was SO excited to have been chosen as the first winner!!!! 
I got my jambox this past Tuesday!!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

I am a voluntary Allrecipes Allstar Brand Ambassador and I do not receive compensation for my work with Allrecipes.com. Any product received is only used for experience-based reviews on The Daily Gourmet. The reviews, content and opinions expressed in this blog are the sole opinions of Sarah.

Fellow foodies

Recipes - under construction