Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Shaking up the salmon

A couple of months ago I heard of a new line of McCormick gourmet spice packets.  I am selective about who I give my business to as I prefer companies that acknowledge the "two or less" households.  McCormick seems to cater to families while largely ingoring the growing community of singles and couples so I rejected purchasing the spice packets until I had a coupon.  I saw a coupon for $1.25 off any McCormick product which meant that McCormick would pay ME to buy the product - I couldn't argue w/ the savings and bought the spice packet.



I decided that I wanted salmon for dinner, and figured the spice packet would make an interesting marinade.  I placed my salmon fillet in a quart sized ziploc bag and then poured in 1/4 cup pineapple juice and 2 Tbsp of the bourbon spice seasoning mix.  I let my salmon marinate for 5 hours and then baked it at 375° for 25 minutes.  During the last 5 minutes I took 2 Tbsp pineapple juice  and 2 tsp of the bourbon spice seasoning mix and brushed it on top of my salmon fillet.    I served my salmon
along side homemade macaroni and cheese, roasted potatoes (yes those are PURPLE, gold, and red baby potatoes!!!), and a yeast roll   Talk about a fast meal for one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

I am a voluntary Allrecipes Allstar Brand Ambassador and I do not receive compensation for my work with Allrecipes.com. Any product received is only used for experience-based reviews on The Daily Gourmet. The reviews, content and opinions expressed in this blog are the sole opinions of Sarah.

Fellow foodies

Recipes - under construction