Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A bit fruity...

Tonight all of my recipes were an experiment.  I had never made any of the recipes before.


First up.  Main dish Apple-Maple Stuffed Pork Chops  First of all this is an extremely QUICK main entree to put together.  Granted the crusting desperately needs flavour and that's where I tweaked it. I added

  • 3/4 tsp rubbed sage



  • 1 tsp EACH minced garlic, thyme leaves



  • 1/2 tsp EACH ground allspice, paprika


  • to the cornflake crusting.  Had I not added in the seasonings it would have been horribly BLAND.  The pork chops smelled AMAZING as they cooked!

    Sides: Carrots w/ Cognac and Mango lime rice  I will certainly say that the carrots w/o my additions were probably tasty, but I think my additions of

  • 1/2 teaspoon thyme



  • 1/4 teaspon granulated garlic



  • freshly ground black pepper & salt to taste


  • to the carrots made the flavour pop that much more!

    Now the rice...hmmm that's another story!  I understand some people are on modified/restricticted diets, but that shouldn't be an excuse for not playing w/ flavour!  I made the rice as instructed and it was edible but needed some "oomph" I'm thinking that it's a recipe I may try again, but not sure just yet how I would tweak it to my liking.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Disclaimer

    I am a voluntary Allrecipes Allstar Brand Ambassador and I do not receive compensation for my work with Allrecipes.com. Any product received is only used for experience-based reviews on The Daily Gourmet. The reviews, content and opinions expressed in this blog are the sole opinions of Sarah.

    Fellow foodies

    Recipes - under construction