Monday, July 18, 2011

Popping w/ flavour

Tonight I made Coriander Chicken w/ Mango SalsaCreamy corn couscous, and Steamed french Green beans.   First up -a picture, granted the couscous didn't really keep it's form in this picture, but did in the second picture, it was being fussy I guess.


Sometimes it can take an ounce of courage to not wrinkle up the nose and go "blah" -but both recipes were rather amazing!  Now to elaborate...the good, the bad, the ugly. The good!  This entire meal can be completed in under 30 minutes, and it's relatively healthy!  The salsa was bursting w/ flavour!  If you like fruity salsa's this one is a great one.  Now I ran my salsa through my vitamix blender so it wasn't as chunky as a traditional salsa, but it still gave the flavour.

The bad...the chicken breasts need more seasoning. I never have understood people who rely SOLELY on salt & pepper as seasonings, granted the chicken also had coriander, but by itself the chicken was lacking in flavour.  I think that the submitter of the recipe needs to buy a spicerack and learn how to pair herbs together to give as much flavour as possible.

The ugly - ehhh not so ugly...I think that the instructions for cooking the couscous need to be changed.  The couscous also needed to be tweaked and I did just that by adding 1/2 tsp thyme, and 1/4 tsp garlic powder.  Given the right seasonings both recipes are restaurant quality.  I think the chicken could easily be grilled and would be phenomenal that way!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

I am a voluntary Allrecipes Allstar Brand Ambassador and I do not receive compensation for my work with Allrecipes.com. Any product received is only used for experience-based reviews on The Daily Gourmet. The reviews, content and opinions expressed in this blog are the sole opinions of Sarah.

Fellow foodies

Recipes - under construction