Thursday, July 21, 2011

One Tequila, Two Tequila...

Today was perfect weather for grilling.  I also found a yummy new burger recipe to try!  Tequila Lime Burgers  If you're skeptical about it - don't be!  These burgers pack a yummy flavour and are amazing!

Granted my picture may not look so gourmet, but this meal is all about grindage!  The burgers didn't require any "extra" additions, and are a refreshing change of pace.

Off to the corn...yeah, yeah sue me I always remove the husks. I get that I use an unconventional method in grilling my corn, but it's what works for me.  In grilling my corn, I add unsalted butter - that's it.  The main reason for this is b/c it doesn't mask the corns natural sweetness, plus salt actually ends up drying out the corn.  Once I've got a THIN layer of butter on the corn I wrap it in a heavy duty foil - shiny side facing the corn, b/c this helps it cook faster on the grill b/c the dull side won't reflect as much heat. Once the corn is cooked and piping hot off the grill I peel away the foil and add a bit of granulated garlic, and parmesan cheese. Perhaps another time I'll try the normal method...I doubt it tho, I tend to never follow the trend.

Roasted potatoes...OH so simple!  Just a matter of quartering some baby reds and then tossing w/ some grapeseed oil....errr Grapeseed oil, yes!  A lot of reasons I like using grapeseed oil. It has a lighter flavour than EVOO (grr Rachel Ray! but it's such a shorter way of saying Extra Virgin Olive Oil) plus it has a higher smoking point - so it can w/stand those scorching oven temperatures. I use a ratio of 1 to .75 Meaning in this case if I'm making 2 servings of roasted potatoes I'll use 2 teaspoons of grapeseed oil and 1 1/2 teaspoons of seasonings.  I seldom use salt.  Salt is for people that don't own herbs, and lack imagination.  I used a mixture of thyme, granulated garlic, sage, paprika, rosemary, and chipotle chile pepper.  I roasted the potatoes at 450° for about 25 minutes.  Helpful hint...use the reynolds non stick foil ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

I am a voluntary Allrecipes Allstar Brand Ambassador and I do not receive compensation for my work with Allrecipes.com. Any product received is only used for experience-based reviews on The Daily Gourmet. The reviews, content and opinions expressed in this blog are the sole opinions of Sarah.

Fellow foodies

Recipes - under construction