Thursday, July 14, 2011

Dining In

Tonight I tried a recipe from Allrecipes - usually I'm an adventurous cook, but there are the times when I'll wrinkle up my nose in distaste prior to trying a new recipe.  Tonight was no exception, regardless I went ahead and took a culinary adventure w/ Pan seared Salmon & scallops w/ a macadamia-cilantro pesto and WOW!!! Talk about a yummy gourmet meal! 

Here's a question...how long do you think it took me to cook everything in the picture?  45 minutes-1 hour?  No.  Try 20 MINUTES!!! 
FACT:  A meal like this in a restaurant would normally cost upwards of $20 (b/c of the salmon and bay scallops)- wanna know how much it cost me to make (per plate)?  Under $9 that's almost HALF the cost!!!

If you're currently a "I don't have time to cook" person - I'll challenge you to cook this recipe.  I found that by using my vitamix, my pesto was a breeze to make. 

Suggested tools for making this recipe:
Blender (Vitamix) or preferred food processor
Slotted fish turner (OXO) 
Garlic Press (Pampered Chef)
Microplane Grater for the ginger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

I am a voluntary Allrecipes Allstar Brand Ambassador and I do not receive compensation for my work with Allrecipes.com. Any product received is only used for experience-based reviews on The Daily Gourmet. The reviews, content and opinions expressed in this blog are the sole opinions of Sarah.

Fellow foodies

Recipes - under construction