Friday, July 15, 2011

Oh Honey!

Tonight I used two new recipes from Allrecipes.  I'm all for flavour, and recipes that are fast and these two delivered.  Before I get into my notes, a picture is a must! 


I chose the Spicy Peach Chicken for a couple reasons.  I had all the ingredients on hand, and it was QUICK! I chose to use a boneless skinless chicken breast which I butterflied.  I find that when cooking via the broiler, a thinner breast will cook quicker.  It had a sweet, spicy kick to it, and really doesn't need any changes...although I'm thinking about modifying it for the grill
My second recipe that I tried was  Couscous w/ honeyed almonds & lemon I chose this recipe b/c I had never made couscous before (good reason huh?!) It was a refreshing change of pace and really had great flavour appeal. The only change I made was to add about one teaspoon of grapeseed oil, normally I don't like to massacre recipes w/o trying the original first, and I think my addition of grapeseed oil is spot on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

I am a voluntary Allrecipes Allstar Brand Ambassador and I do not receive compensation for my work with Allrecipes.com. Any product received is only used for experience-based reviews on The Daily Gourmet. The reviews, content and opinions expressed in this blog are the sole opinions of Sarah.

Fellow foodies

Recipes - under construction