Friday, April 6, 2012

A bit about butter

Butter - it's the one must have ingredient for all of my baking.  I am a butter lover!  That's why as an Allrecipes brand ambassador I'm LOVING the assignment for the month of April. 

The Bad Guys!

I don't like margarine, or other oil based spreads.  They are NOT a friend of this foodie!  Why don't I like margarine or other spreads?  Well lets see... Trans fats, Free radicals (which are often known to cause cancer), synthetic vitamins, BLEACH (manufacturers add it b/c the natural colour of margarine is grey) Hexane and other solvents (which can have toxic effects), Artificial flavours, Soy protein isolate (which can contribute to digestive disorders, thyroid problems, etc.,)

vs...

BUTTER!!!

I cook with butter on a daily basis. Why butter? Well why not? Did you know that butter is a good source of vitamin A, vitamin D, vitamin E, and vitamin K?  Did you know butter also has rich levels of trace minerals including manganese, chromium, zinc, copper and selenium (a powerful antioxidant), as well as iodine?  Did you know that many of the saturated fats in butter have strong anti-cancer properties? Butter is rich in short and medium chain fatty acid chains that have strong anti-tumor effects, and these short and medium chain fatty acids also can help strengthen the immune system properties. 

If you've followed my blog any length of time and you're not a butter lover - promise me that you'll make a switch and be good to your tastebuds and your health!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

I am a voluntary Allrecipes Allstar Brand Ambassador and I do not receive compensation for my work with Allrecipes.com. Any product received is only used for experience-based reviews on The Daily Gourmet. The reviews, content and opinions expressed in this blog are the sole opinions of Sarah.

Fellow foodies

Recipes - under construction