Thursday, October 15, 2015

Bacon meets Brussel Sprouts


The other day while at the commissary, I went a bit crazy. I had walked in with a challenge of "buy a vegetable you can't stand" - well these fellows were at the top of my list. I'm still not comprehending how they went from the produce bin into my basket onto the conveyor belt where I actually paid a cashier for these gross bits of green aka Brussel sprouts *shudders* Regardless, I now had Brussel sprouts to cook AND eat! 
I will admit they hung out a few days in my refrigerator before I mustered up enough courage to cook them! I turned to my trusty Allrecipes Allstars group for guidance. Much to my surprise I was met with a chorus of accolades for Brussel sprouts.  "This can't be right they taste like mini rotten cabbages and they're nasty!" I thought. 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   I spied some bacon in my refrigerator, and immediately
grabbed 3 slices and diced up some bacon. Doesn't everything taste better with bacon? 
The moment had come! I finally retrieved the Brussel sprouts and proceeded to chop off the ends and then cut them in half. I did a quick saute of my chopped bacon and then added in the Brussel sprouts. Along with some black pepper and a little drizzle of grapeseed oil. Adding salt was NOT necessary (thank you Bacon!). 

                  So what was the verdict? Oh em gee... *clears throat* I seriously am in LOVE with Brussel sprouts, and they will become a repeat offender in my non-recipe recipe box. (Basically meaning I didn't use a recipe) because they were amazeballs of green goodness!


post signatureI


No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

I am a voluntary Allrecipes Allstar Brand Ambassador and I do not receive compensation for my work with Allrecipes.com. Any product received is only used for experience-based reviews on The Daily Gourmet. The reviews, content and opinions expressed in this blog are the sole opinions of Sarah.

Fellow foodies

Recipes - under construction