Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Crunchy pretzel pieces

Earlier this month I was tasked with the assignment of creating a custom recipe for Snack Factory® Pretzel Crisps®. While I can't share the recipes just yet, I will take the time to give my opinion on the product.

The company wanted us to keep the pretzels whole - after all, the pretzel crisp is the star product. Unfortunately, the company does not have sturdy packaging. Out of TWO bags of pretzel crisps, I was fortunate to have around 20 whole crisps.
This picture of broken pretzels is from ONE bag of pretzel crisps. Ultimately I was not happy with the limitation on creativity. I could have found many uses for the broken pretzels whether it be pretzel crusted chicken nuggets, a pretzel cheesecake crust, peanut butter pretzel bars etc.,
Naturally I either would discard the broken pieces, but instead, I elected to make the famous strawberry pretzel salad and no it's not a salad in the traditional sense, but it's tasty.

I do not know if I will ever buy the snack factory pretzels again. They may be a healthy alternative to most snack food, but they're not for me. I think the company needs to rethink their packaging. It's rather deceptive to see stacks of whole pretzels on their package and to have the contents look like the bag had been drop-kicked.



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

I am a voluntary Allrecipes Allstar Brand Ambassador and I do not receive compensation for my work with Allrecipes.com. Any product received is only used for experience-based reviews on The Daily Gourmet. The reviews, content and opinions expressed in this blog are the sole opinions of Sarah.

Fellow foodies

Recipes - under construction